Sunday, January 06, 2008

Thank God For Care Groups

We got up early this morning to travel to my brother-in-law's place to ensure that our nephews hopped onto the Hope Kids bus for Hope Kids Live!

We managed to catch Andrew & Therma (care leaders of Hope Kids) at my nephews’ place and ensured that they and their dad got onto the bus. Claudia followed them along while I drove my own way to Nexus.






Nephews and Niece






While hosting my nephews, my niece (she came in another Hope Kids vehicle) and brother-in-law at the breakfast table, I had the opportunity to speak to Rachel (a leader in our NTU group) and her parents. Rachel's mum came to know Jesus during the Christmas service.

We spoke about their work and family. It was really fun getting to know them and to hear their stories. It was really refreshing!

They were later followed up by Tony and his wife (family care leader). This new family will be visiting their care group during the coming week.

I was later introduced to another Christmas service new believer. She is a fellow teacher with one of our Adults leaders.

She was so full of life and extremely chatty. I could see how the care group was working so hard to embrace and love her into their community. Yea people!

Today was also very special because I got to speak to one of my Catholic High school mates that had been in our church for some time already. I had always thought that this guy looked familiar but I just could not really place a name to the face.

He was my secondary school mate and he had been connected to one of our care groups for some time already. When I told the people in his care group that we went to school together, they looked amazed. I don’t know why.

Perhaps they were surprised that my friend looked so good and I… Perhaps they were surprised that I only make mentioned about him after he had been in church for so long a time. Perhaps they were surprised that I had actually completed my secondary school education!

Lastly, I managed to talk to my sister and her husband and Loo, their care group leader. As usual, my sister offered food that she was not eating to me and I ate them all...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Jeff

Am sure you don't need us to tell you that looks are not all! It does not matter if your school mate looks good and you don't... anyways, everyone will age one day and what is most important is "inner beauty" ain't it?

You sure have a heart of gold and the a heart that is always so willing to serve GOD! Amen!!! And of course who can hold a candle to you when it comes to telling jokes? You are gifted in that way.... So you are unique and wonderful in God's eyes! Thank God for you! :)

Cheers to a good week ahead.

January 06, 2008 8:59 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

haha Joyce... thanks for the kind words :)

You have a great week too!

January 07, 2008 11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home