Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Top 10 Failed Resolutions

This morning, as I was listening to Class 95, the DJs went through a survey that listed the Top 10 Failed Resolutions in the world. According to them, it was done across a large spectrum of people group.

As I can recall, coming in at #10 is the failed resolution to lose weight. Around 41%of the people that made this resolution fail to keep it.

The others in the list (not in any order) are resolutions to eat healthily, save money, spend more time with family, enjoy one's leisure time better, lead less stressful lives, exercise more etc.

But the #1 failed resolution, according to the survey, is the desire to start or improve one’s spiritual life! A total of 60% of the people make and fail to keep this.

And according to the DJs, this survey is not conducted among church or religious people but the general public.

This shows that many people do have a conscious or unconscious desire to fill the void in their hearts. This is simply how God has wired us up. This is a God-shaped vacuum in each and every one of our hearts that long to be filled.

I was trying to find out the source of this survey but I failed (this is not one of my resolution in 2008!).

If you could find the survey source, please do let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! I thot that the number 1 failed resolution is to have resolution!

January 10, 2008 10:06 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

You are right! I think quite a number of people woudl fall into this category.

January 11, 2008 9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home