Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sleepless In Punggol

I have to preach later in the Mandarin Service but I just cannot get to sleep. My body clock is still tuned to the European time zone :(

Allow me to continue on my saga in Prague...

On the next 2 days, as our leaders and friends from other Hope Churches arrvied in Prague, we had a really wonderful time together as we explored the culturally-rich city of Czech Republic. Pastor Simon Eng and Lai Eng (our movement elders) were also with us. Pastor Prakich (in the Germany Soccer jersey), a most trustworthy friend, was our tour guide.

It's so cool when we can have friendship with people that we serve God with. We may not be perfect but we certainly can choose to be real and authentic. I discovered that these leaders that I spent time with in Prague are the same person on stage as when they are off stage. They are not Christian celebrities but just ordinary people that love Jesus.

Below are some pictures. We had a blast! Serving God should really be fun!














Then on another night, we celebrated Pastor PK & Kim's (Hope London Senior Pastors) 25th Wedding anniversary. I half jokingly suggested to them that they should treat us to ice-cream to celebrate with them. They bought my idea and more than 30 international leaders should thank me as we milked PK and Kim dry over scopes of fantastic ice-cream. Although it was a cold and rainy night, no one said no to the treat!

I also made PK & Kim shared some "secrets" of their relationship over a quarter centruy long. PK shared about how he wooed Kim with food in their first date. He cooked pork chop and try to win her heart through her stomach. PK later qualified that we should not use such means to woo our potential spouse and he did all these when both of them had yet to know God. I am deeply appreciative of PK's honesty and humility in it all.






















I was very glad that some of our Hope Singapore leaders were there as well. It was great to see them being connected to other leaders from the Movement. It was a great time of sharing and mutual learning for us all.

Pastor PN, our Movement's President was also there (I love his new relaxed boy-boy hair style). After the ice-cream, all of us had to walk in the bitterly cold rainy night for around 30 minutes before catching our tram back to the camp site. It might be cold on the outside but the warmth of fellowship with people that shared the same passion and vision for God filled us all.

It's 430am now... I need to sleep. Dennis suggested sleeping pills. I am tempted to try that out but I may end up missing tomorrow's Mandarin Service :(

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so how was it? were you able to wake up and preach in the mandarin service? Oh our poor pastor, Thank God for your perseverence.
I experience the jet lag when i came back from germany as well.. it was really terrible, took me about a week to get over it. Hope you're well now.. Howjoo

August 17, 2006 12:28 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks How Joo for your concern. I am still having problem sleeping... I take it as God wanting to talk to me at night :)

August 17, 2006 12:57 am  
Blogger XIAOZU said...

Saw your testimonial on sunday.. praise God for His work and while it's accompanied by your faith! His grace is made perfect in our weaknesses. Inspiring testimony indeed.. :)

August 20, 2006 3:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home