Saturday, January 27, 2007

Back To The Pulpit

Since Christmas at Kallang Theatre, I had not been back to pulpit except once during the Bangkok Business Life Conference. This weekend, I will be back to continue on the Micah “Walking Right With God” series.

There is both a sense of privilege and nervousness. Privilege in that I get to share the eternal life transforming Word of God. A mortal man being used by an immortal God to change eternal destinies is really an awesome thing!

Nervousness in that it’s rather daunting to be speaking to so many people. Since it’s been a while since I last preached, there is this feeling of being unfamiliar with it all.

By the way, do you know that public speaking is rated as the greatest fear by most people; even ahead of death! That means that they would rather die than to speak in public.

For this whole week, there were many challenges to be tackled, meetings to prepare and people to meet. But I had managed to find quite a fair bit of time to pray and get connected with God. And it is in these moments that I can find the ultimate solace for myself.

Just this morning at around 5am, I was woken up suddenly. I knew that God must have something to tell me as I had been rather busy during the day. God gave me some insight into an issue that I had been pondering about. It was just so timely!

During the last combine team rally, I believe it was my old friend Wilson that had brought this verse to mind. One of the version of Daniel 11:32 tells us that the enemy will come like a flood but those who know their God shall stand strong and do great exploits! How macho is this verse!!

Let’s all stand firm and be counted for in the Kingdom.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyeport said...

greatest fear being speaking in public? what an interesting fact! Hehe.

2 Thes 1:16-17

January 27, 2007 7:27 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

"That means that they would rather die than to speak in public."...

They'd rather die in public? So sad leh... ;P

Haha, more seriously, "One of the version of Daniel 11:32 tells us that the enemy will come like a flood but those who know their God shall stand strong and do great exploits! How macho is this verse!!"

aMeN! I feel more manly after reading this verse... can even feel my biceps growing... aMeN!!!

January 28, 2007 3:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

immanuel_yz@hotmail.com

phew, i managed to post my email add. b4 Jesus comes back.

yeah, i think i might be in that statistic too. my grammar structure and pronunciation become beri jia lat when im nervous, but then God used Moses! =)

January 28, 2007 10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home