Saturday, January 12, 2008

BK Forture Seafood Steamboat

Some of you have actually called me on my mobile when you were trying to locate some of the eating places that I have recommended on this blog. Some others of you told me in person of your experiences after checking out the places that were recommended.

Some of you even told me that you will join me the next time I visit some of these makan places. One of you even asked me to buy you some of these food the next time I eat there and bring them to your house!

Whatever the case, this is true: many of you love to eat! So here's more recommendation.

Recently, I was introduced to 2 good zhi char stores in Singapore. They are really nice and very reasonably priced.

For this entry, allow me to introduce BK Forture Seafood Steamboat (recommended by my sister). It is tucked away off Bukit Timah Road. Part of the fun is finding the place!

Travel along Bukit Timah Road and turn it at Old Holland Road and then turn at Redwoord Ave and then Elm Ave. There is free parking!

I was told that we need to make reservation else it may be hard to get a table. There is also a very nice hang-out place beside this store (I will certainly tell you about this place at the appiointed time). My sister told me that many foreigners eat there.

My family and I (6 of us) ate a lot and it only cost us around $120 plus.

I recommend that you try the crabs cooked in salted eggs, the curry fish head, the coffee ribs, the fish skins cooked in Thai style and the Yam basket! I am not a crab person but I must tell you that this is really quite good. We ordered the really huge ones and it was really well prepared.

Do try it!

The address is as follows
BK Forture Seafood Steamboat
887 Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 279896
Reservation Tel: 64695957

OPENING HOURS
11.00am to 2.30pm & 5.00pm to 11.30pm Daily

7 Comments:

Blogger yeu@nn said...

Hey! After looking at the map, I think we could take bus 151 as well.

And interesting name! At first glance, thought it was something else... ;D

January 13, 2008 12:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
My name is Hui Qing, my husband contacted you some time ago.

This is not the appropriate forum for me to reveal the truth, however, I see the need that it be made known to you.

My email is huiqing34@gmail.com.

January 13, 2008 5:37 pm  
Blogger Terry said...

Hi Ps Jeff,

Looks like you like food too!

Let me recommend 2 more places for you:

Beng Thin Hoon Kee restaurant: 5th floor of OCBC Center - the place sells very good Hokkien food. I go there every now and then with my parents and my sister - comes up to about S$100 for 4 people. Good price.

Vibes Restaurant at Hotel Negara in Orchard: my boss brought me here... Brazilian meat style buffet. About S$65++ per person, but still cheaper than the 6th avenue one.

I have a few more to recommend but run out of space!

Serving together with full and fullfilled stomachs,
Terry

January 15, 2008 9:36 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Thanks Yue Ann for the travel tip...

Hey Terry, I have tried Beng Thin before. It is good! You should bring me along to some of these new places :)

January 18, 2008 11:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ps Jeff,

I'm drooling... *slurp* Can you courier some over to Cairns?

Cheers,
Minnieve

January 24, 2008 3:34 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Haha Evelyn... think its better that you courier some good aussie seafood to me first :)

January 25, 2008 3:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... Good Australia seafood... Did I hear wrongly? Haha... They don't know how to cook 'em! My staff can cook the prawns nicer than the restaurants here! :p

Not bad... my minnieve is so distinct you know who I am! Way to go!!! :)

January 26, 2008 9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home