Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dinners & More Dinners

When I said that my birthday was celebrated over a 7 day/7 night period, I was not exaggerating. I had received so many well wishes and kind words of encouragement! They have really strengthened me greatly.

On last Wednesday, dinner treat began when the elders brought me out for a buffet meal. It was a rather ritzy hotel and we had plenty of good food. We had sashimi, scallops, fondue dessert, soft shell crab and many many more. But no one brought any camera....

Then 2 days later, the tertiary leaders brought me to an exotic Turkish restaurant. I thought they were joking when they told me about this eating place. To make matters even more suspicious for me, when I arrived, no one came until at least 15 minutes later. I sincerely thought that this could very well be a birthday trick.

To my relief, the rest came shortly after that. I must say that it was a very unique experience for me in a Turkish easting place. I really enjoyed the meat part of the food. The salad part was challenging for me. Fortunately, psycho Benaiah liked it and he ate part of it off my plate.





The Tertiary Team







Leanne & Claudia



Ben, me & Joshua (Ben is the psycho that supported a club who claims that they never walk alone. Josh & I support Man U)






Lennon & Sam (both Man U fans!!)







Shirley, Jas & Xini






Then on Sunday evening, after preaching in the Filipino service, the Adult team treated Claudia and I to the Rice Table. I really appreciated the effort put it to spend time together.

The adult leaders were really loud and they love to talk. Yean Shien told stories about how most of her pet died terribly death under her family care! Wendy shared about her love language. Mike & Lean Choo shared about their hair experience and encouraged some of us to visit the hair saloon as well. Cara shared her weight loss recipe. Jorry laughed loudly most of the time and boasted to us that most Indonesian are gentle. And all of us ate and ate and laugh and laugh.

We had a great time and I affirmed them for serving God together with the rest of the church.





A Group Picture... courtesy of the waiter







The Indonesian spread...






Yean Shien telling us about her dead pets...







Choon Yam & Mike






Thanks all for the food, the gifts and the encouraging words. Most of all, thanks for giving yourself fully to God. I have really been blessed by your lives.

My family is planning something for me on this coming Sunday…

4 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Dear Ps. Jeff,

Time to lose some weight!!

Anyway, happy birthday and keep up writing those funny entries!!

September 12, 2006 9:44 am  
Blogger Terry said...

Dear Ps Jeff,

I am also one of those loyalists who supports the club claiming that it will never walk alone. Three goals down, it was back in no time. Manchester Disunited - where the players backstab one another during the World Cup. Haha... fortunately we have a greater common affinity in the One who liberated us than our unbridgeable gap in soccer affinities! Happy Birthday!

September 12, 2006 2:28 pm  
Blogger Silent Lucidity... said...

Happy birthday Pastor Jeff!! We all love you dearly and admire your gusto and appreciate your light-hearted manner. We also admire [cannot put 'envy' as it is a sin]your handsome-ness and young age of 25... :)

Thanks for serving God with all your might & blessing us endlessly!

September 12, 2006 4:32 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Dave & Terry, I will indeed lose some weight... I also know that both of you are pool fans but I still love you! Terry is right that we are a greater affinity.

Hi Silent Lucidity, if you are envious of my handsome-ness, your sin is not envy but blindness!

September 13, 2006 9:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home