Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hope Kids Went Zoo Hunting

On Thursday, I spent my birthday doing what I enjoyed the most. I spent my birthday serving God with people that matters so very much to me.

I arrived at Nexus for the preparation at around 4:30pm. It was really fun to be with the team. I offered my help in some of the non-artistic part of the preparation. The only thing I could do was to help set up a black cloth that functioned as a partition. It was no big task but it was a fun to do it together with Cady, Eilton and Joanne.

At around 630pm, Hong Teck (our children church pastor) gathered us for a last minute briefing before the "show begins". He was clear in his instruction, warm in his tone and faith-filled in his heart. We prayed and asked God for His divine guidance and to have an enjoyable time together with the kids as well.

When the door opened at 730pm, it was mayhem at its very best. I joked that this could be the best contraception for those who feared hyperactive kids.

Kids were coming in (some were running in) from every perceivable direction. Some were 'experienced" kids that were as familiar to the church environment as fish is to water. There were also many kids whose parents were not believers as yet who came in with a sense of lost-ness and yet exciting anticipation.

Claudia and I managed to bring our two young nephews along. They had a wonderful time. All in all, there were more than 200 kids in the auditorium. It was awesome!

The Hope Kids team outdid themselves in almost every segment of the program. The games were engaging. The praise & worship was lively. The hosting was creative. The teaching was concise and clear. The team did really really well!





The culprits of a job well done!








The praise & worship team in action!






The most precious time of interaction with the kids!



I am so thankful for Hong Teck and his team. I am also so thankful for many of our members from every congregation who cared enough to bring and invite their young relatives and friends to the zoo hunt. I heard a testimony of a kid who told his pre-believing parents that he wanted to come to Hope Kids Live again on the coming Sunday!














I spent my birthday capturing a God-filled childhood that I never had.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tobey טוביה said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PASTOR JEFF!!!!

Too bad I was involved in Jacqueline's and Eugene's wedding rehearsal. and thus unable to be join you guys for the Hope Kids!!!

Tobias.

September 09, 2006 3:51 am  
Blogger sandra lim said...

Oh! Happy Birthday Ps Jeff!! Memorable way of spending your birthday heh! :)

September 09, 2006 1:43 pm  
Blogger Hiew Hong Teck said...

Would you believe me if the 'Zoe' in Zoo Hunt was meant to be you!!!??? So actually we are celebrating your birthday in a very subtle way!!!.....

No ? OK I wouldn't believe it myself. Anyway thanks for sacrificing your birthday time for God's children and being a big advocate of children's ministry. Zoo Hunt (and our HopeKids United Holiday Club) has opened up a bigger door for kids to enter God's kingdom.

God is faithful, the event has made a lot of us younger too.

September 09, 2006 11:40 pm  
Blogger yeu@nn said...

Thanks bro!!! :D Haha... very touched and encouraged by your entry...

Yup, it really was a memorable time, and personally, I'm very touched by your love for the children... can really learn a lot from you here bro! :D

September 10, 2006 4:11 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi all, thanks so much for the greetings. I enjoyed myself greatly. The people who served the children are the real heroes in this blog entry!

September 10, 2006 10:49 pm  
Blogger © ĢōĐ ïŝ Owãŷš Đēřė ŧmĹ said...

hey pastor!! nigel from east here.. haha. wanna ask u where can i get those Zoo Hunt pictures from? haha.. if u haf, i'll be veri happy if u send it to mi!!! hha. =D my msn n email. -> saturn_nigel40@hotmail.com

September 12, 2006 10:33 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Hi Nigel,

I do not have the photos. You can get them off my blog. That's all I have at this moment..

September 13, 2006 12:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessed bday Ps Jeff! Tks for giving your support to HOpeKids! Truely appreciate it! --Wan Yueh

September 13, 2006 8:32 am  
Blogger © ĢōĐ ïŝ Owãŷš Đēřė ŧmĹ said...

oh man.. haha.. ok. thnx anyway.. =DD all the best.. anniversary is near!!!! haha..

September 13, 2006 4:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home