Friday, September 01, 2006

September – A Month Of Birthdays & Celebrations

This is a month of birthdays. Within the next 10 days alone, I know of at least 8 friends who are celebrating their birthdays. I was telling Simon Tan (whose birthday falls on the 5th Sept) that it could be because many parents were overjoyed when they received their year-end bonus and thus they started the baby-making process some time in early January. You do not have to be rocket scientist to get the Math correct!

I know that our founder and the icon of our nation (i.e. Mr Lee Kuan Yew) were also born in September.

What’s even more significant is that we are also birthing a very significant outreach to Kids program on the 7th September. It is a big time outreach program for kids. We want to be proactive to reach kids whose parents may not be in church as yet. The kids, in turn, will bring their parents to the church instead of the usual way round. It’s on Thursday at Nexus from 7pm to 930pm. Be there and bring some kids along!

One of our regular visitors told me that he is planning to bring his nephew and niece for the Zoo Hunt event. He later reminded me that I should do my part as well to bring some young relatives or friends. I was convicted and I will invite my nephews and niece as well.

Then on the 16th September, we will be celebrating the 15th birthday of our church. It will be a great occasion for us to remember God’s call and goodness in our individual and corporate lives. I am believing God for a grand occasion where He will affirm His own purpose in our Movement and church.

May those who have been around for some time be reminded of why we join this movement. May those who are newer know why they should join this movement. May those who are pre-believers also know why such a movement was first started by Jesus. I covet your prayers greatly in all these areas.

May God's purpose alone reign. May God be lifted up in the highest and numero uno place!

Today's the 1st day of the month... let the party begins!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Haha Mr Bao.... I can't disagree with you on the good looking and pretty point :) Sure, kopi would be wonderful!

September 02, 2006 9:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ps Jeff,

Am I included as one of the 8 friends with birthdays in September? : ) Happy Birthday to you! ....Angela in NZ

September 04, 2006 4:22 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Certainly Angela, you are one day younger than me!

September 04, 2006 10:44 am  
Blogger ^_^ said...

ps jeff, your birthday is in september too?

September 05, 2006 1:41 pm  
Blogger N2CG said...

Dear Ps. Jeff, somehow found your blog from someone blog! Glad to connect with u again!

September 05, 2006 6:07 pm  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

yes... i am born in Sept as well. I will be 21 soon...

Hi eldos, hope you had a great trip to Old Trafford.

September 06, 2006 1:57 am  
Blogger Jeff Chong said...

Yes... Eve... it takes one to know one :)

September 06, 2006 1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home